Friday, August 20, 2010

July 28, 2010 Day before first Chemo Treatment

As I am reflecting back to last week and this week, I can honestly say that Bro. Lawrence’s message last Sunday, “Live Dangerously” (which is a lie from the devil) Matthew 4:5-7 applied to me in so many ways. As I sat in church Sunday, I honestly felt that it was I on the stage with Bro. Lawrence and God. Let me tell you …he can preach the word! I am on trail for God- and I will not test him-I will follow with faith!! Remember: Faith is not seeing how far you can push God”…I love this!

Many of you know that I have been searching for the peace in my decision for treatment. Mickey and I went for a second opinion on Monday. We got answers that we have been searching for a while- PRAISE GOD!! It was not based on the number of treatments but what meds were going to be giving-all the risk/benefits of each…plus so much more that I can’t go into detail. I wanted my treatment not to be a protocol! I have changed doctors. I know. I know…many of you are saying..what are you thinking! Davidson is the best! He may be for you and others but there was just something there that made me uncomfortable. We have had some miscommunication and he has said some things to me that has left a negative thoughts and I know that was going to reflect in my treatments. I don’t need to be scared into chemo- I just need to do what was right for me! I have shared all this with my family, my really close friends and so many have said “Heather, you really are at peace” I have felt so good about my decision- our decision. I am so blessed that my husband, Mickey is recovering so quickly that he now is walking this journey completely with me (he was always there emotionally-just not physically) I am ready for this journey that God has put in our lives!

On Tuesday, I had my surgery for port placement so my chemo treatments will be a lot easier. (this was hard decision too-it’s a physical reminder!) As I was being pumped up with fluids, Mickey and I got a call from my mom who was home with the kids that Taylor was in severe abdomen pain. We knew she was having a slight problem-thinking it was a UTI infection. We had planned to take her to the doctor Wednesday morning- we were giving her Tylenol and she was drinking fluids. Well….Mickey left me in pre-op to go take Taylor to the doctor. They ran a urine test and it came back negative. They gave her some meds for home and told us to give her Motrin. I came through the surgery great. I was told in the beginning that it was a local and I would be awake during the surgery…Wrong! I was knocked out. Thankfully because I was so nervous as they were taking me back to surgery. I did appreciate the nice warm bed and blanket they gave me before more medicine. I did wake up to a lot of pain but not nauseous at all. But the pain today has almost killed me. I have never –ever hurt so badly. The first surgery and even giving birth to my three children was not this bad. I was told this since I have very little fat (yea!) under my collarbone that the skin had to be stretched for the port. I told Mickey tonight that I can actually feel the catheters in my veins..Yikes! Even with pain meds I hurt. Sure hope I feel better tomorrow.

Taylor did have to go to Baptist East Imaging this afternoon for more testing. (don’t you all agree that we just need to move there…haha) Her Urologist, Dr Herndon in Birmingham suggested the test since she does have a history and was born with kidney reflux. She is completely healed of the reflux. But has to be watched more closely. Hopefully tomorrow we will have some answers since her urine cultures did come back negative. It could be acid stones, which my mom has a lot of. She went to bed with no pain so hopefully she either passed it and we did not know or the test results will tell us something else tomorrow. Please lift my sweet baby girl in prayer. She said tonight that she did not want to be sick so she could take care of me…wow..that girl is strong! She amazes me everyday. I am so thankful God chose me to be her mommy!

You should here my kids pray! It brings tears to my eyes every time. They pray at every meal- snacks too, before bed and even just during playtime. Talynn and Tanner say “ God, Help Daddy, Mommy and Sissy get better” They just added Taylor today. Lets PRAY that no one else in our family will be added. Even though I teach them they can pray for the good too- not just healing! I know God is giving me what I can handle...I am standing firm and strong. Satan is not welcome in our home!

Tomorrow…I will have my first chemo treatment. So please lift me up in prayer as I prepare mentally, physically and spiritually. Pray for my family too. I know that they are going through this with me and I know its tough on them too.

Then from there I will have treatments every 3 weeks then radiation as well. Looks like I will be done by Thanksgiving! What a day that will be.

Thank you all so much- you all are so wonderful to my family and me. Prayer is powerful! I will post an update when I can.

Hugsss

No comments:

Post a Comment