Friday, August 20, 2010

June 20, 2010

I am not sure if I can put into words what I have experienced today.....
(I know I wrote alot but please take time to read..I am also creating this as a journal for my children)

After having a sleepless night I honestly had a hard time getting up and ready for church this morning- Satan was really pulling me down. But I could also hear the Lord say...RAISE! With flutters in my heart I knew today would be an emotional morning at church but I couldn't wait to worship my God and to be surrounded by my family and friends.

The youth sang their homecoming concert this morning...I have never been moved so strongly by the holy spirit. I wept though every song...except the last one where I felt like dancing for Jesus. One song that stands out is Who Am I- I listen to it every night on my Ipod as I try to rest. But I was overwhelmed when Zach sang it..I know he was singing to our God but I could feel him singing to my heart. I never got a chance to tell him after church. Thank you Zach!

At the conclusion of the service I felt led to go down front and give my whole self to God-Cancer and ALL! As stepped out in the isle- my sister in Christ Amy met me half way...wow! And having so many come forward and pray overme was so powerful . And to look over my shoulder at MaryAlyce, a wonderful friend who as reached out to me like so many...I am so thankful.

And in our Bible Study having Brandon deliver a powerful message about when the flood waters rise,to call out to him and to trust his outcome. Brandon said that lesson was written for ME- thank you! Having the whole class pray over Mickey and I as a couple with other couples was amazing.

Many of you have called, texted and emailed since being home from church saying they wish they could have been there this morning in the first service. Please know that you were with me...I feel all of you with me!

When we left Vaughn Forest today I felt like I just left my Cancer at the foot of the cross...I know I still have a tough road ahead of me but after today I know..I will do this. Words can't express how much it means for you all to pray for ME.

Tomorrow I have to call my surgeon to discuss the details of my surgery that will be on Tuesday, June 29th. I will keep you all posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment